Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thank You Letter

Sending a Thank You Letter

Saying thank you for a letter of recommendation is important. First, it is the right thing to do. After all, the other person did not have to write a recommendation, but was doing a favor. Second, a person might need to ask someone for more than one letter, so it is a good idea to stay in that person’s good graces. A thank you letter should be sent promptly, but it need not be detailed. A couple of sentences should suffice:

“Dear NAME,

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the letter(s) you recently wrote for me. You have been a wonderful teacher/employer, and I am truly thankful for your support as I begin this next stage in my life.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely,

Name.”


Read more: http://college-preparation.suite101.com/article.cfm/asking_for_a_letter_of_recommendation#ixzz0NRCkGZOz

No comments: